Ride faster, longer and in greater comfort
Bike Fitting at Dales Cycles
Bike fitting is perhaps one of the most talked about subjects in the industry currently.
It is important to know that all bike fitting services are not the same, nor will result in the same outcome. Each fitting should be personally tailored to the individual, no 2 fittings should ever be the same.
You must consider the experience of the fitter, their understanding of not only the bike and its components but their understanding of the way in which the rider interacts with these components, to provide greater comfort, efficiency, endurance and enjoyment.
This experience is gathered through not just many hours of training, but through dealing with riders of all levels of experience, from complete beginners, experienced club riders through to international standard athletes, and all makes, models and machines across the range of cycling disciplines.
At Dales we are proud to have the longest established bike fitting service in the West of Scotland, having been at the forefront of fitting, way back in 2008 when we dedicated 20 square meters of floor to our bespoke Body Geometry fitting studio. Over the years our fit team have performed thousands of fittings, and continued training as new processes and techniques are discovered.
You should allow around 3 hours for your fitting to be completed following these basic steps.
- Pre Fit Assessment interview; a friendly chat about you, your experience, your machine, your goals. Examination and measurement of your existing bike, Physical examination of you to assess, your current condition and flexibility ranges and of course discuss pre existing and or current injuries or issues with your bike.
- Ride Analysis; setting you and your bike in motion on our static trainer, allows your fitter to assess your current position and efficiency, this can be done by very experienced human eye along with some specific tools, or by computerised eye, using our full RETUL equipped studio, the premier fitting experience.
- Adjustments and Product Selection; with the gathered information coming together, your fitter will make step by step adjustments to your bike and equipment as they see fit,( it is important to remember that we fit the bike to the rider, not the rider to the bike ) this may be cleat position, through to lever position. This may involve moving exiting equipment, or perhaps replacing with more appropriate components, saddle width for example.
- Post fit Measure and discussion; when all adjustments are made, a full measure and record are made of the amended set up, with RETUL, a fully detailed record will be sent to you including video capture of your before and after positions.
- Follow up; after 4-6 weeks we invite you to return to the store for a follow up, your body will take time to adapt to the changes made, we want to be sure that everything is working out for you.
Body Geometry with RETUL Technology £250.00 (TT / Tri bike)
Pre Purchase Size Assessment £50.00 (Redeemable against purchase from Dales)
Give the gift of a good fit. Vouchers are available to purchase on our website
I write in connection with my Body Geometry Fit conducted at your premises last January by Simon Dalgarno and wish to let you know just how this has effected my cycling performance and efficiency over the period since. I have been cycling on a variety of bikes from the age of 6.The Geometry Fit Experience was relaxed, professional and most efficient. The conversation from Simon throughout was easy to absorb and understand leading to a comfortable appreciation of just what the Geometry Fit was aiming to achieve. The entire process took just under three hours including time needed to adjust and fit appropriate parts recommended by Dales to achieve the perfect Geometry position.Fourteen months on I can say quite positively that the Geometry Fit resulted in an enormous improvement on my cycling enjoyment and understanding of fit, correct stance and application of effort to result in as near perfect a riding position possible. It has resulted in being one of the best two hours spent in my life providing much more enjoyment and pace in my cycling activity now, some 5000+ miles pa.Keep up the excellent standard and the regular information flow to your customers please. Regards, Alex
Thank you to Jonathon and Simon for their professionalism with their BG bike fitting service.Both are very knowledgeable and helpful with making adjustments to create a comfortable cycling position with more power. It was a fantastic service and I no longer have any niggling pains.I would highly recommend the BG bike fit provided by Dales.
Recently completed Body Geometry Bike Fit with Jonathan at Dales.I thought I was all set up on my bike correctly but after spending a morning being systematically assessed; I wasn’t even close.Everything from saddle, height of handlebars, shoes, leg position, posture, style of riding were all checked and areas of improvement identified and changed.I was most impressed with the specialist’s experience and close eye to every detail. At the end of the session I felt much more comfortable and in tune with my bike and am now enjoying my cycling even more.I would recommend a few hours completing a Bike Fit will have you feeling much more confident to take on any cycling challenge.
The bike fit experience was the "icing on the cake"Having paid thousands of pounds for new roubaix in an attempt to get a more comfortable ride, it now seems ridiculous that I haven't completed the task by ensuring the bike was set up right for me.Simon "tweaked" my position slightly from head to toe over a period of about two hours. All the little changes individually seemed inconsequential but added together have made a significant difference.Plus I have a copy of the measurements so I can copy the set up for any other bike I manage to buy and hide from the wife.Totally recommend, it's not extra money spent, consider it as a part of the bikes components.