At Dales Cycles we try to be clear about the information we provide to our customers, as this is as important to us as the product itself.
In order to ensure the best service we can to our customers, we adhere to certain guidelines on both the content of our website and the products and services we provide. The following Terms and Conditions are based on Dales Cycles commitment to trying to offer the highest standards of service and transparency to its customers, and as such, is our guarantee of this commitment that we try to make in all circumstances.
If you are using this website or intend to purchase from us, please take a moment to read the relevant terms and conditions below in each of the relevant sections. We have tried to make these as simple as possible but, if you do have any questions, please refer to our FAQ Page where we have tried to answer the most often questions that our customers ask.
If you still require further information or clarification on any point, please feel free to email us at [email protected] with your enquiry.
By continuing to use this website or by placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply only to purchases made from this website and may differ from those for in-store purchases.
These Terms and Conditions are additional to, and do not affect, your statutory rights.
Definition of Terms Used and Governing Law
"We", "us", “Dales” and "Dales Cycles" means Dales Cycles Limited. "You" and "the customer" means any private individual, using this website or purchasing goods or services from it.
"Goods and services" means any item or service offered for sale by Dales Cycles Limited on this website. A "confirmed order" and "the contract is agreed" means an order placed by a customer and accepted by Dales Cycles Limited.
See Buying from the Dales Cycles section of our website below for further details on order placement and acceptance.
"Working Days" means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and Scottish statutory and public holidays. These Terms and Conditions and your use of this website shall be governed by and construed to be in accordance with the law of Scotland and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish court.
Using this Website and its Contents
We can only offer goods and services for sale to UK residents over 18 years of age.
To be eligible to purchase products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under Scottish law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
- Be over 18 years of age
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO Box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable.
- Although we do our utmost to ensure all information on this website is correct and is as up-to-date as possible when you place an order, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors beyond our reasonable control. Product dimensions given are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products and product images are not to scale. We cannot guarantee that the images and colours of our products will be represented correctly on different computer monitors or other devices through which this website may be accessed. We reserve the right to refuse orders if items have been mispriced or if the item is no longer available.
Buying from this Website
By purchasing from this website you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
By filling in an electronic order form and submitting it to us you are making an offer to purchase from us. In doing so you confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is your own.
We will send an email confirming your order details.
Our acceptance of your offer to purchase will result in a binding agreement between us under these Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we are under no obligation to accept your order but we would normally only refuse orders under exceptional circumstances.
These circumstances include (but are not limited to):
- non-approval of payment by your credit card/debit card company
- the item no longer being in stock
- the item having being misrepresented or mispriced on our website
- any unforeseen issues beyond our control such as courier disruption or changes to service
We will contact you immediately if there is any problem with your order or unforeseen delay.
For any other information or answers to frequently asked questions please refer to our FAQ Page.
If you still can't find what you are looking for then please call customer services on 0141 332 2705 or email us at [email protected].
Pricing and Payment for Purchases
All prices quoted on this website are in Pounds Sterling and we can only accept payment in Pounds Sterling.
Prices are subject to increase without notice but we will never charge you more than the price stated in your order confirmation.
We accept the following major Debit and Credit Cards; VISA, VISA DEBIT, VISA ELECTRON, MASTERCARD, MASTERCARD DEBIT and MAESTRO. We also welcome payments from PAYPAL and offer V12 Finance if required.
Under normal circumstances payment will be taken immediately once you place your order.
All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of publishing the information to this site.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Delivery of Goods
Delivery information is available on our Delivery page.
Returning an item
Returning an item information is available on our Returns page.
Website Content & Copyright
All original images and content of this website remain the copyright of Dales Cycles Limited.
All trademarks and logos relating to brands are used with permission and remain under the copyright of their respective owners.
You may download and print any part of this website only for private use and for consideration of purchasing from this website. You may not make other use of the material on this site without our written permission.
Dales Cycles Limited are not responsible for the content of any third party sites that may be accessed via external links from this site.
Dales Cycles Competition and Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for Dales Cycles competitions/prize draws ("Competition Terms and Conditions").
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you enter one of our competitions or prize draws, we will assume that you have read these Competition Terms and Conditions and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- You can enter Dales Cycles Limited competitions via the Dales Cycles website on the applicable competition page, or you can send your entry detailing which competition you wish to enter, together with your name, address and e-mail address by e-mail to: [email protected] We may provide an alternative means of entry to specific competitions and details of how to enter these competitions shall be stated on the relevant competition advertisement.
- Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The start and closing dates are as specified in each competition advertisement.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by phone and/or e-mail. Dales Cycles decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Dales Cycles Limited, Marketing Department, 40 Couper Street, Glasgow, G4 0DL after the closing date.
- The winner will be selected at random by Dales Cycles Limited.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- The prize is as set out in the competition advertisement. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions and prize draws are promoted by Dales Cycles Limited, company number SC37712, having its registered office at Dales Cycles Limited, 150 Dobbies Loan, Glasgow, G4 0JE.
- By submitting an entry to a Dales Cycles competition or prize draw the entrant hereby consents to Dales Cycles Limited using their personal information in accordance and compliance with these Competition Terms and Conditions and the Data Protection Act 1998. The information will be used for processing your entry, fulfilling Dales Cycles obligations under these Competition Terms and Conditions, and providing you with information about similar products and services offered by Dales Cycles Limited (unless you opt out of such communications). You may ask Dales Cycles to cease sending such information to you at any time by emailing or writing to us as the address provided above. Dales Cycles Limited will not give your details out to any third parties without your prior consent.
- By entering the competition or prize draw the winner consents to use of their name and likeness (but not email or postal address) in such promotional activity and material as Dales Cycles may reasonably require, without additional compensation due to the winner. For example, the winner's name may be publicised as the winner of the competition on platforms such as Dales Cycles customer magazine, social media sites, postal or email marketing.
- Dales Cycles reserves the right to amend these Competition Terms and Conditions at any time in circumstances out with our control. Dales Cycles may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this, we will publish the amended competition terms and conditions and/or specific competition rules on the relevant Dales Cycles competition webpage.
- Any additional information relating to the specific competition or prize draw shall be included on the competition advertisement.
- Dales Cycles will send prizes to the competition winner within 30 days of the competition end date, or as specified in each competition advertisement at the time of entry.
- In the event of any conflict between the competition advertisement and these Competition Terms and Conditions, the terms of the competition advertisement shall apply unless expressly stated otherwise.
- These Competition Terms and Conditions shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Offers, Vouchers, Promotion Terms & Conditions
Offers, Vouchers and Promotions are valid on selected full-price items while supplies last. Without limitation, discounts will not apply to sale merchandise, special bespoke orders, gift cards or back ordered items.
Offers, Vouchers and Promotions cannot be combined with any other offer or discount code. Discount will appear at the time of check out AFTER the code has been entered. The offer terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Dales Cycles reserve the right to remove any offer or promotion without prior notice.
Reductions cannot be used with Finance options or Cycle to Work Scheme vouchers.